To install your WooCommerce plugin, please follow the steps outlined below;
Step 1: Install plugin
- Download the zip file and save it to your pc or laptop.
- Next, in your web-shop, go to the WordPress admin panel. From there, click Plugins, followed by Add New, and finally Upload Plugin, located towards the top left of the page.
- You can now select Choose File and upload the plugin zip file that you had saved earlier. Following this, you can then click on Install Now.
- WordPress will have successfully installed the MyParcel.com plugin and once complete, you will see a Plugin installed successfully system message. You can then click the Activate Plugin button.
- Once the page refreshes, go to your WordPress admin panel and click Settings, towards the bottom of the list you will see MyParcel.com API setting.
- From here, you can add your Client ID & Client Secret. These can be easily generated within the MyParcel portal.
- Once you've added your Client ID & Client Secret, click Save, this will authenticate your credentials.
- Once saved and the page refreshes, you'll see your shop name has appeared in the drop-down field below the Client ID & Client Secret. Please ensure you physically select your shop and click Save one more time. Important: Ensure the Activate testmode tick-box is not selected.
Step 2: adding data to new attributes
Once the plugin has been installed it will add 2 new attributes to each of your stores products; harmonised system codes & country of origin. These fields need to be populated with the relevant data. This can either be done on product level within WooCommerce of via a CSV for bulk updating.
When wanting to bulk update you will first need to download the products csv from WooCommerce, ensuring the yes, export all custom meta tick-box is selected. The harmonised system codes & country of origin columns will be towards the end of the report.
The harmonised system codes for your products can be found here; https://www.tariffnumber.com/
The country of origin needs to be added as a 2 letter ISO code, which can be found here; https://www.iso.org/obp/ui/#search..
Additionally the already included product attributes; SKU & weight also need to have the relevant data added.